Mary Cazon Memorial Award
This award was established to honour Mary Cazon, a well-respected Elder of the Dehcho. Mary was born in Fort Providence in 1939 and was raised in the Dehcho Territory. She lived a very traditional life and raised her children within the values of the Dene lifestyle. Her traditional knowledge expertise was comprised of tanning animal hides, medicinal remedies, and traditional sewing. Mary was passionate about instilling traditional knowledge and values to the new generations. She provided political advice to the Dehcho Leadership and had the highest priority for land protection as she believed that the land defines you as Dene.
$3,000 each will be awarded annually to two Dehcho Dene post-secondary students pursuing studies in Environmental Sciences, Health & Wellness and/or Naturopathy.
$3,000 x 2
Application Deadline Information
June 30th annually.
Failure to submit a complete application package will result in a delay of the application process.
If you have any questions or need help filling out the application, please call our office:
Tel: (867) 695-2355
Toll Free: (866) 995-3748
- Phoebe Nahanni Memorial Award
- Mary Cazon Memorial Award
- Mitch Landry (Corbeau) Memorial Award
- Albertine Rodh Memorial Award
- NorZinc Scholarship
- Open / General Studies Scholarship
- Early Childhood Education Scholarship
- Teacher Education Scholarship
- Business Scholarship
- Medical Scholarship
- Engineering / Computer Science Scholarship
- Fine Arts / Performing Arts Scholarship
- Social Work Scholarship
- Aboriginal Language / Linguistics Scholarship
- Aboriginal Governance / Leadership Scholarship
- Short-Term Scholarship
- Leo Norwegian Scholarship