Indigenous Skills and Employment Training Program (ISET Program)
Click Link for the Dehcho First Nations ISET Program Policy and Procedures:
The Indigenous Skills and Employment Training Program (ISET) Program is designed to help prepare for, and find high-demand jobs in modern Canada. Funded through Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC), the program provides opportunity to gain the skills required to find employment.
The Indigenous Skills and Employment Training Program (ISET) Program is available to those living in urban, rural and remote areas throughout Canada. Those eligible to apply include First Nation youth, women, single parents, mature workers, persons with disabilities and those experiencing career change or transition. The Indigenous Skills and Employment Training Program (ISET) Program links training to labour demand and ensures that Canada’s First Nation people can fully participate in economic opportunities.
Basic Eligibility Requirements
- Applicants must be First Nation, Metis or Inuit
- Applicants requesting funding assistance must live in the Dehcho region for a minimum of six months
- Members of Dehcho First Nations who reside in another region are expected to apply to an ISET Program delivery agent in their community of residence. To find an ISET Program holder near you, search “ISET Agreement Holders” and click on the province/territory you reside in
- A career plan must be prepared
- Full financial information must be disclosed, including a budget and sources of income
- The applicant must provide approval/denial letters from other funding sources
- Full-time students must be enrolled in a minimum of 3 courses. Assistance not available for part-time students
- Applications and supporting document must be submitted by the deadline dates. Late applications will be accepted and assessed, please note the assessment process can take up to 30 days