Albertine Rodh Memorial Award
This award was established to honour Albertine Rodh, a well-respected Metis Elder of the Dehcho. Albertine was born in Fort Providence in 1931 and was raised in the Dehcho Territory. She was raised in a French speaking household and later became fluent in Dene Zhatie and English. Albertine was very active in many political organizations and aboriginal leadership in the Northwest Territories. In recognition of her achievements and contributions, she was awarded the Metis Nation’s Order of the Shawl and the Wise Women Award for the Dehcho Region. She valued education and equality for everyone in order for future success and security for all.
$3,000 each will be awarded annually to two Dehcho Dene post-secondary students pursuing studies in Native Studies, Women/Gender Studies, Political Science and/or Education. Dene Traditional Knowledge.
$3,000 x 2
Application Deadline Information
June 30th annually.
Failure to submit a complete application package will result in a delay of the application process.
Download PDF Below and email to email@example.com
If you have any questions or need help filling out the application, please call our office:
Tel: (867) 695-2355
Toll Free: (866) 995-3748
- Phoebe Nahanni Memorial Award
- Mary Cazon Memorial Award
- Mitch Landry (Corbeau) Memorial Award
- Albertine Rodh Memorial Award
- NorZinc Scholarship
- Open / General Studies Scholarship
- Early Childhood Education Scholarship
- Teacher Education Scholarship
- Business Scholarship
- Medical Scholarship
- Engineering / Computer Science Scholarship
- Fine Arts / Performing Arts Scholarship
- Social Work Scholarship
- Aboriginal Language / Linguistics Scholarship
- Aboriginal Governance / Leadership Scholarship
- Short-Term Scholarship
- Leo Norwegian Scholarship