The Aboriginal Skills and Employment Training Strategy (ASETS) program is designed to help prepare for, and find high-demand jobs in modern Canada. Funded through Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC), the program provides opportunity to gain the skills required to find employment.
The ASETS program is available to those living in urban, rural and remote areas throughout Canada. Those eligible to apply include First Nation youth, women, single parents, mature workers, persons with disabilities and those experiencing career change or transition. ASETS links training to labour demand and ensures that Canada’s First Nation people can fully participate in economic opportunities.
Basic Eligibility Requirements
- All First Nations, Inuit or Metis people residing in the Dehcho Region for a minimum of six months.
- Applicants are responsible for investigating all expenses prior to leaving for school so that an accurate budget can be prepared.
- Application must be completed in full, please call DFN ASETS staff to complete your career plan. (to be updated)
- Members of Dehcho First Nations who reside in another region are expected to apply to ASETS delivery agents in their community of residence as ASETS assistance is based on residency not on membership. To search the internet for an ASETS holder near you, please enter “ASETS Agreement Holders” and click on the province/ territory you reside.
- Late applications may be considered. However, students are encouraged to respect deadlines.
Click the Link for the DFN ASETS Policy and Procedures 2017
DFN ASETS Policy & Procedures