Community Development Fund
To provide support for community-owned enterprises and ventures which will provide employment, training, and business experience to Members and develop permanent facilities for the benefit of the community. Without restricting the generality of the foregoing, the following are examples of Community Development investments:
- Homes for seniors;
- Dehcho First Nations office buildings;
- Domestic Abuse/sex-segregated shelters;
- Recreational facilities
- Day care facilities
The Trustee will create an Community Development Account within the Community Development Fund, which will be available for investment in Community Development Investments, which will be funded from annual allocations equal to:
- The annual Net Income from the Community Development Fund; and
- The net annual capital gains that are instructed to be transferred to the Community Development Account by the Investment Management Board;
- Provided that, the value of the Funds shall be adjusted annual to account for the Inflation Factor.
Commencing in 2007, by April 30th in each year the Community Development Account, as valued at December 31st in the prior year, shall be eligible to be used by the Trustee for Community Development Investments, approved by Investment Management Board, on the advice of a council of elders, in accordance with a policy to be development, similar to Schedule 1, to the extend that the Community Development Account has not already been used in prior years.
Please see Schedule 3 – Community Development Investment Policy